Peter Gao is currently a PhD student at the NetSys Lab in University of California, Berkeley working with Prof. Sylvia Ratnasamy and Prof. Scott Shenker. Prior to that, he obtained his Masters in Math at the University of Waterloo, where he worked with Prof. Srinivasan Keshav, and his bachelor degree in computer science at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
I am interested in distributed systems, cloud computing, Internet of things and datacenter networking. Specifically, I work on the following topics:
- Microservice and Serverless Computing [ServerlessFS]
- Cloud Resource Management [Disaggregation – OSDI 2016, EfficientSwap]
- High Performance Datacenter Networks [pHost – CoNEXT 2015, Quartz – SIGCOMM 2014]
- Fault-tolerance for NFV [FTMB – SIGCOMM 2015]
- CDN Optimization [FORTE – SIGCOMM 2012]